Capital Authentication: Your Trusted Partner > Commonly Requested Documents > Canadian Pilot License Authentication and Legalization

Canadian Pilot's License Authentication and Legalization

Canadian pilots are routinely recruited to work for airlines in foreign countries. As such, there is a requirement to have their Canadian Pilot’s License, Pilot’s Log Book and other related credentials authenticated and legalized.

As an expert in the authentication and legalization space we can assist in having your Canadian Pilot’s License, Pilot’s Log Book and related documentation processed in a timely and cost-effective manner. Reach out to us today to see what our experts can do for you.

Excellent service. Prompt, quick and answered my queries with full detail. Also the best price around! I highly recommend using their services.
– Robyn

Common Canadian Pilot License Questions

The short answer is NO. A certified true copy of the Canadian Pilot’s License and Pilot’s Log Book must be made. The certified true copy must then be notarized by a Canadian notary. Once this has been done, the document is suitable for authentication with Global Affairs and legalization with the specific countries Embassy or Consulate.

Our office works closely with Canadian notaries. We can arrange to have certified true copies made of your Canadian Pilot’s License and Pilot’s Log Book.

The main factors that have an impact on overall cost are the associated disbursements. For example, notary fees, the fees charged by an Embassy or Consular office differs. The method of payment, the type of currency, cash, money order or direct deposit. Is it possible to submit the documents to the Embassy Consulate in person or must they be sent and received by courier.

When working with Capital Authentication we will clearly advise you of the corresponding fees and disbursements.

Our office works very efficiently with the authentication and legalization of documents, including Canadian Pilot’s License and related documentation. The ability to have documents completed quickly really comes down to how fast an Embassy or Consular Office works. Some Embassies complete documents while you wait while others can take six or more business days. Our office will happily explain all of your options available to you including how long we anticipate a document will take to be completed.

When considering using a third party service provider to assist with the authentication and legalization process one might contemplate using either an authentication and legalization service and/or process server.  Various service providers can be found by doing simple internet searches.  But, are they different?   Generally speaking, the various third party service providers are not very different.  The main differences come down to knowledge about the overall process, requirements of a particular diplomatic mission and the fees that are charged by the third party service provider.  It is very important that one complete a minimum level of due diligence when choosing a third party service provider as one will find that the fees charged can vary widely.

Our office offers a number of different payment options such as money order, e-transfer, direct payment into our account, credit card (visa or mastercard).  If you have any questions about payment methods, please feel free to reach out to our office either by e-mail or telephone as we will happily discuss payment options.

We suggest using a national courier such as FedEx, Purolator, DHL or Canada Post “Xpresspost”.  Each of these courier options offers a form of tracking and considering that the documents are sensitive in nature the ability to track your item is strongly recommended.

Once the authentication and legalization services have been completed, our clients can provide a prepaid return courier to our office.  If however it is more convenient, our office will happily arrange for the return courier either to our client directly or to an authorized third party of their choosing.

At Capital Authentication we do not like to return documents to a client using regular lettermail.  Regular lettermail is not encouraged given the sensitive nature of the documents.  However, where a client has specifically requests this method of return, we will comply.

This is a very good question and it really depends upon where one intends to use the document.  As long as the document is a Canadian document, Global Affairs Canada will, in many cases, authenticate either an original document or a notarized copy of the document.  If using a notarized document, the notary must be a Canadian notary.   The more important question to ask is whether the diplomatic mission in question will accept notarized documents instead of original documents.  It is always best to consult the diplomatic mission to determine if original documents and/or notarized documents can be used.  There are some diplomatic missions that will only accept original documents.

Should a problem arise with the processing of your documents due to a change in policy or requirements by Global Affairs Canada or at a particular diplomatic mission our office will be in contact with our clients immediately, by e-mail and/or telephone, so as to identify the problem and determine the best possible solution.

There are many instances when it is more convenient for a client to have documents sent directly to our office as opposed to their receiving them first.  For example, government issued documents such as birth certificates can be sent directly to us.  We can receive them and start compiling a client dossier with the authentication and legalization component to commence once we have all of the documents.

Get Started

If you have questions or want to receive a custom quote for document authentication and legalization or other services, use our contact form below to get started.

  • To be able to serve you best, please be as descriptive as possible. We take great care to ensure we provide you accurate information as quickly as possible.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.